Monday, May 30, 2005

Family

Most will miss my sister's comment to the Ups and Downs piece:
wow sometimes it's so clear to me why we're related-- i loved kolbert's article too! and russo! and bonfire! and i also write to companies telling them they suck -- i've scored chocolate (aero), shampoo and conditioner, and vouchers for the train.

aw, brudder.
For the record, when I was 11, I had a homework assignment that consisted of writing a proper letter to a corporation. I wrote the WWF and complained about two of their characters - The Beveryly Brothers, heels (villains) who were supposed to be gay. I was inspired by a segment I heard on As It Happens, which followed a performance in Vancouver. I wrote that it was offensive, but I never stopped watching.

Social justice! Cranky letters to customer service! All in the family!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you really? you were SO progressie for an 11 yo

5:16 AM, June 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home